Flourless Chocolate Torte with Raspberries
Special Special occassion dessert
This is difficult to make.... very difficult to make - if you are planning it for a special occasion - have a back up plan ready. Amazing if you make it work.
Serves between 12 and 16 servings depending on cut size.
Prep: 30 min; Total baking/cooling: 4 hours
- 8 1.5 oz bars of premium dark chocolate, chopped - Godiva preferred
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 1/2 stickes unsalted butter, softened (not margarine!!! - trust me on this)
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract - don't get the imitation kind
- Position rack in lower third of oven and preheat to 350
- Butter bottom and sides of a 9 X 2 1/2 inch round springform pan
- Line pan bottom with a round of parchment or waxed paper and butter the paper
- Fit your food processor with metal blade and put in chocolate, sugar, and coffee - Cover and process for 15-20 seconds until finely grounded
- With motor running, pour boiling water through the feed tube and process for 10-15 more seconds until chocolate is fully melted
- Using a spatula, scrape sides of work bowl. Add butter and process for about 5 seconds or until incorporated
- Add eggs and vanilla and process for 5 seconds or until mixture is smooth and creamy
- Scrape chocolate batter into prepared pan and smooth top with rubber spatula
- Bake 55 minutes, until edges of the cake are puffy and the center is set
- Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes
- Cover and refrigerate for about 3 hours or until ready to serve.
- After refrigeration, arrange raspberries on cake and dust with powdered sugar.
- Remove from springform pan by running a butter knife around the edges and releasing the springform