This recipe is a variation from Ashley Rodriguez's recipe at ">Not Without Salt
- Pita bread - we use naan bread
- 100 g feta cheese - we use low fat feta
- 100 g "greek" yogurt - we use low fat
- Some cucumbers diced
- Some tomatoes diced
- 500 g minced/ground lamb
- 1 medium onion - diced
- Fresh mint
- Cumin powder, salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oven to 400 F
- Cut the pita (or naan) into chip size pieces and put into a baking pan
- Lightly oil and salt the chips
- Bake until crispy - Chips done!
- While the chips are baking, saute the onion in light oil until almost translucent
- Add the minced/ground lamb to the onion and cook through - adding cumin powder, salt and pepper as desired - Meat done!
- Combine the 3/4 of the feta and all of the yogurt - mixing well - Feta Yogurt done!
- Make nachos! Chips, meat, feta yogurt, cucumbers, tomatoes, topped with feta and mint!